Over The Web Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will
be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and
practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting
www.overtheweb.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Over The
Web Ltd of 22 Bower Road Harrogate, HG1 5BW.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on
our site www.overtheweb.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail
or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site,
subscribe to our service, submit the contact form and when you report a problem with
our site. The information you give us may include your name and e-mail address.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we
may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to
connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and
version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you
viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to
certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers),
and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number
used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if
you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
No cookies are used.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you
and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you
request from us;
• No other processing is done with your information.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data
analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose
to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and
others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site
about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with
information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this
information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on
the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our
subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of
the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we
enter into with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose
your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Over The Web Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in
which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with
agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Over The Web Ltd, our
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security
of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have
received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to
prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We
will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such
purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the
forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note
that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any
responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any
personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be
exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to
meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any
addressed to Over The Web Ltd, 22 Bower Road, Harrogate, HG1 5BW.