Terms and Conditions of Use
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you
may access our website www.overtheweb.co.uk (our site). This acceptable use
policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in
this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.overtheweb.co.uk is a site operated by Over The Web Ltd (we or us). We are
registered in England and Wales under company number 6779249 and we have our
registered office at 22 Bower Road Harrogate, HG2 0EB. Our main trading address is
22 Bower Road Harrogate, HG2 0EB. Our VAT number is GB973097683.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent
purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which
does not comply with our content standards.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised
advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains
viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware
or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely
affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention
of the provisions of our terms of website use.
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without
• Chat rooms.
• Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you
about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is
used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for
children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our
site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of
the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those
risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any
interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for
any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in
contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of
their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an
interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children
about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any
interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a
means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our
site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The
standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual
orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual
duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance,
inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation
with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only)
copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this
acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has
occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the
terms of upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking
all or any of the following actions:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded
by you to our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity
basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs)
resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably
feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use
policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any
other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are
expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we
make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this
acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published
elsewhere on our site.